Friday, August 25, 2006

D, D & D and other failed attempts

My conceptual stack of things to do is littered with many failed attempts to write music criticism. Being a big music fan, spending a fair chunk of my disposable income on music and arguably having more knowledge of music than anything else I may be paid to do I've always imagined trying to get down some of my opinions/thoughts on music down on paper. It wasn't also limited to a music zine, I thought about writing about explotation movies or mid-century hard-boiled fiction or any of my other strong cultural fixations. The thinking that maybe other people would be interested too. But alas it's never really come together. From the proposed zine Q** in college, the one-page gore zine from K**'s, the one-page zine DD&D from a couple years ago and other failed attempts and invitations to write about music: g*****/***'s Swell Maps piece, something for Loy's diskhorse. None of it has really ever come together. And these writing ideas only add to the pile of concepts thought-up but never realized: the asshole/toilet pics, the teenage fake band, the rubik's cube solver zine, various screen print ideas, etc. etc. etc. oh well.

maybe here on FFV I can drop a little bit of the logic I've been saving up all these years and spill some crap about this and that crap. Maybe, Maybe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan Gr said...

the asshole/toilet pics really need to go to the top of the list of things you return to.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought you said you weren't going to talk about you failings again. you failed.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home